People focus on health in Dubai. Because of this, there is a constant need for nutritious, guilt-free foods in the city all the time. It is true that major supermarkets in Dubai always sell health foods. Health food stores with delivery options are springing up everywhere. Restaurants are also answering the demand for high-quality healthy dishes.
With your busy lifestyle, sometimes you can’t take the time to sit in a restaurant or roll a cart into the grocery store anymore. The easiest, fastest way to get a healthy bite is your friendly gas station in Dubai. Yes, that’s right. There is more to an ordinary gas station than fuel for your vehicle. You just need to know what to look for. Here are some of the healthy picks you can grab quickly:
- Fresh fruit juice. Most gas stations have Barakat Freshly Squeezed Juices. Make sure you choose the fruit and vegetable varieties. The other blends have a lot of sugar in them.
- Chilly Billy Fruit Ice Lolly. This is made of frozen fruit ices that only have natural sugars in them. It also doesn’t have preservatives. Go to the ice cream section and resist the temptation to grab an ice cream tub.
- Fruits. A banana or an apple are your best fruit choices. If you want cold slices, go to the refrigerated section and get a fresh fruit box. Don’t pick the mixed fruit snacks because they usually have a lot of sugar on them. Just fruit boxes with one fruit each such as pineapple or pomegranate.
- Plain yoghurt. You can choose non-fat or full-fat yoghurt when you walk into most gas stations in Dubai. Get a piece of banana or a cup of strawberries with it. Then, you can have your snack in the convenience of your car. Fage Greek yoghurt is a common brand, which is also known as the creamiest Greek yoghurt you’ll ever have. Just ask for a plastic spoon before you go.
- Regular peanut butter. Peanut butter, on its own or with fruit, is a healthy snack. Full fat peanut butter from a gas station is satisfying, even just a spoonful of it.
- Raisin boxes. Sun Maid raisin boxes are reliable hunger killers. Get them from your nearest gas station. A bigger box is always available if they have no minis.
- Plain, unsalted nuts. Avoid mixed nuts that come in myriad flavors. Choose Country House Coconut and Nut Mixes or Sahale Snacks Cashew and Pomegranate Glazed Nuts. They have the right amount of calories to give you a boost.
- Coconut water. If you want to have a truly healthy coconut water, be sure to read the labels. Don’t choose ones with artificial flavors and added sugar. Vita Coco, Celebes, Jax Coco, and Aqua Coco are the ideal brands to go for.
- String cheese. Many people cannot resist string cheese. Each piece is packed with 80 calories. If you crave something savory, this is a healthy pick.
- Chia seeds. Gas stations in Dubai usually keep stocks of chia seed pods in the refrigerated goods section. Chia seeds are handy. They satisfy any hungry tummy without the guilt, especially when you’re really busy.
- Sweet soy milk. Most gas stations have bottles of sweet soy milk. They have seven grams of protein, which is good after working out or if you don’t have any other drink choices.
Surprised? You can still have a satisfying meal even if it is just a quick stop at a gas station in Dubai. Don’t forget to make the right choices and you’ll never feel guilty while munching or sipping away in your car.